Chicken with Homemade Herb CheeseFrom flavorsofitaly 9 years ago
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Tbl butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 Tbl half-and-half or light cream shopping list
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- Dash of dried oregano shopping list
- Dash of dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- Dash of dried dill shopping list
- Dash of dried basil, crushed shopping list
- Dash of black pepper shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese, softened butter, half-and-half, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, dill, basil, and dash of pepper. Stir until mixture is well blended, and set aside.
- Rinse chicken breasts under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Place each chicken breast, boned side up, between two sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap. Working from the center out to the edges, lightly pound the chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet until the chicken is 1/4 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of each flattened chicken breast. Wrap the breast around the filling, and secure edges with wooden toothpicks.
- Place the filled chicken breasts, seam side down, in a 2 qt. square baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender, and no longer pink. Spoon any melted cream cheese in the baking dish over chicken, and serve hot, accompanied by egg or spinach noodles, if desired.