Thai Beef Salad Yam Neua Num TokFrom watson2167 9 years ago
- 1-lb quality steak, top sirloin shopping list
- 10 fresh hot Thai chili peppers, slice crosswise very thin or 2 teaspoon of dried roast red pepper finely blended, add more if like spicy shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced crosswise very thin shopping list
- 5 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 5 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce. shopping list
- 12 sprigs fresh mint remove the leaves and discard the stems shopping list
- 2 to 3 shallots, sliced crosswise very thin or 1 small red onion, sliced very thin shopping list
- 3 or 4 sprigs cilantro, stems removed shopping list
- 3 tablespoon of roasted rice fine blended. shopping list
How to make it
- Grill or broil the steak until medium-rare. Trim off any fat. Cool and slice thin, into pieces approx. 2 inches across and 1/8 inch thick.
- Mix garlic, chiles, fish sauce, lime juice, roasted rice in a small bowl. Add the sliced meat and toss with the shallots and mints. Taste and add more fish sauce if desired.
- Make a bed of the lettuce on a serving plate. Place the beef on top. Garnish with cilantro. Serves 2 to 3 as an appetizer or as part of a meal with Sticky rice and assorted lettuce.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
this was great! thank you for the recipejoannas in Gaithersburg loved it
I've made this several times for my roommates to rave reviews. We have a few very good Thai places here in Austin, and they swear this dish outdoes our favorite Thai restaurant's! Best of all, it's an easy week night meal.
www.junebugsoup.blog...moreLMcKissack in loved it
Sorry Watson, I amended your recipe.
I've made this several times for my peeps to rave reviews. I made five pounds on Thanksgiving and it was hardly enough for a busy ER staff. People were high fiving me. We have a few very good Thai places her...moreJoeChristmas in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!