Lemon-Apricot ChickenFrom msnancy 5 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine or buter melted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 cup Bisquick mix shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb) shopping list
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves shopping list
- Lemon-apricot Sauce: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- lemon slices, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 425°F. Spread 1 tbsp. of melted butter in pan.
- In shallow bowl, beat egg and water slightly.
- In another shallow bowl, mix Bisquick mix, lemon peel and garlic powder.
- 2. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture. Place in pan. Drizzle remaining butter over chicken.
- 3. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Turn; bake 10 minutes longer or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- 4. In 1-quart saucepan, mix all remaining ingredients except lemon slices. Cook over medium-low heat until hot, stirring frequently. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices; pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve with white or fried rice.