Mediterranean Chicken Breasts With Avocado TapenadeFrom smurfetta 9 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted and mashed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup small green pimento stuffed olives, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a sealable plastic bag, combine chicken and marinade of lemon peel, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice, roasted garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Mix in tomato, green olives, capers, basil and avocado; set aside.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill over medium-hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with Avocado Tapenade.