The Other Mac And CheeseFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 6 oz. Tilamonk cheese (grated) shopping list
- 6 oz. Extra Sharp Canadian Cheddar (grated) shopping list
- 12 oz. American cheese (grated) shopping list
- 1lb box Barilla macaroni (cooked al dente, as directed) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use one tablespoon butter to thickly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Combine grated cheeses and set aside two heaping cups for topping.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, cheeses, spices and salt to taste.
- Place in prepared pan and evenly pour heavy cream over mixture. Sprinkle reserved cheese on top, dot with remaining butter and bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Raise heat to 400 degrees and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until crusty on top and bottom.