Broccoli cheese SoupFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) package broccoli florets shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
- Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to broccoli mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in pepper. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Place one-third of the soup in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Return pureed soup mixture to pan.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!