Creamy stove top Mac and CheeseFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 4 cups uncooked medium elbow macaroni shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups fat-free milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, place flour, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan. Add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Drop cream cheese by teaspoonfuls into milk mixture; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes or until thick and cream cheese melts, stirring occasionally. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire, and garlic; simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Combine pasta and cheese sauce in a large bowl; toss
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!