Peanut Butter Cream PieFrom jackyjoe7179 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs (separated) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 baked pastry shell shopping list
How to make it
- Mix powdered sugar and peanut butter together until crumbly
- Cover the bottom of the pastry shell reserving about 3 tablespoons for topping
- Beat egg yolks together in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine the 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and mix about half of the filling into the egg yolks stirring well
- Return the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan and cook another minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cool. (cover surface with plastic wrap
- while cooling)
- Once cooled, pour over the peanut butter mixture in the prepared pie shell
- Beat the three egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Continue to beat adding sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form
- Spread meringue on top of cream filed pie, spreading out to cover the edges of the crust
- Top with remaining peanut butter crumbs
- Bake at 400 for 5 minutes or until slightly browned
The Cookjackyjoe7179 Hermiston, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!