Grilled Tamarind Salmon SaladFrom hoasabi 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon filet shopping list
- 1/4 cup tamarind puree concentrate *you can buy this at the asian grocery store. however, if you don't have this concentrate, you can buy the tamarind pulp (boiled about 1/4 cup pulp with 3/4 cup boiling water. pour it through a sifter or fine colander to get the juices and dispose the seeds* shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. sriracha or any hot sauces shopping list
- 3 tbsp. shoyu (japanese soy sauce) shopping list
- 3 clove minced garlic shopping list
- 1-2 thai chili peppers sliced shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- chopped green onions for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan, combine the tamarind concentrate, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, hot sauce and soy sauce. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat and stir often until it’s reduced to at least half the amount before. About 5-8 minutes. Put it aside
- Meanwhile, clean the salmon filet, pat it dry with paper towel and season both side with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon until done
- Placed the grilled salmon on a bed of salad.
- On a hot frying pan, pour in about 6 tbsp. of the tamarind mixture, minced garlic and thai chilies. Let it caramelized for about 2-3 min. over high heat.
- Then pour the sauce over the salmon and served
The Cookhoasabi Lawrenceville, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!