Curried Black-eyed Pea SoupFrom judyjii 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup dried black eyed- peas shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cups sliced and chopped collard greens (or any leafy green) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried hot pepper flakes shopping list
- 6 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Soak peas overnight
- In a large kettle over medium high heat, cook onions, greens and spices stirring occasionaly until onion is softened.
- Add drained peas, and broth and simmer uncovered until peas are tender, about 20 mins.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Please be careful during this step as liquid is very hot.
- In a blender, puree 2 cups of soup until smooth.
- Stir puree and cilantro into remaining soup.