Slow Cooker Potato SoupFrom racerrat 5 years ago
- 8 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2 in pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 (10.5oz) cans chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 5 large potatoes, diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1 (12 fl oz) can evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- In frying pan, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is browned and onions are soft. Drain excess grease.
- In crockpot, mix bacon, onion, chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the flour and the half and half in medium bowl. Stir into soup along with evaporated milk. Blend, cover and cook another 30 minutes before serving.