Linguine with crab and artichokesFrom nuggle 9 years ago
- 500 g linguine shopping list
- 1 large clove peeled garlic, or two if you are so inclined shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- A good pinch, about a scant 1/4 teaspoon, dried chili flakes shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 275 ml jar of artichokes, drained and rinsed well, halved if large shopping list
- 250 g crab meat, preferably lump shopping list
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- A couple of handfuls of baby arugula (rocket), or other greens shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large pot of well-salted water to boil. Cook the pasta, according to package directions or to taste. As the pasta will continue to cook when you toss it with the warm sauce, I would advise cooking until just under al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processor or pestle and mortar, crush the garlic, salt and chili flakes into a smooth purée. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil. When just melted, add about 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta cooking liquid, along with the garlic purée. Continue to cook, stirring, until reduced by about 1/3. When thickened, add the artichokes and gently toss to coat.
- With the heat on low, add the crab meat, lemon zest and juice and stir to combine. Tip in the cooked, drained pasta, turning so that the noodles are well-slicked with the buttery juices. Add the parsley and arugula, continuing to turn until the greens are slightly wilted. Check for seasoning, garnish with additional chili and fresh greens if desired, serve.
The Cooknuggle Toronto, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!