Haddock Filets in Wine SauceFrom upstatevoyager 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless haddock filets, cut into serving pieces shopping list
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (I use more) shopping list
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 cup light cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange fish filets in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle fish with green onion, mushrooms and tomato.
- Combine wine and curry powder. Pour over filets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish filets flake easily.
- Remove from oven and carefully lift out fish filets and set aside.
- In saucepan, heat cream. Add pan juices to saucepan. Add salt and pepper. Heat just to a boil.
- Return filets to baking pan.
- Pour cream mixture over.
- Combine crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over filets.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Broil until crumbs and cheese are golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges.