Sausage Pepper And Onion French Bread PizzaFrom yummers 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion ( I like red) shopping list
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips shopping list
- 2 (4-ounce) links turkey italian sausage ( crumbly kind) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained ( I kinda like to use half of the diced tomato and half pizza sauce for a little more flavour), whatever you want to use is fine shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a large skillet with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced onion and bell pepper strips, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add crushed red pepper and diced tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Spread sausage mixture evenly over cut sides of bread, and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Place bread halves on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut each pizza in half.