Mango ChutneyFrom barneyhawes 9 years ago
- 500 g sugar shopping list
- 1 pint (600 ml) vinegar shopping list
- 5 cm ginger shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 kg firm mangoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 125 g raisins or sultanas shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer the vinegar and sugar for 10 minutes.
- Blend the ginger and garlic into a paste, using a little vinegar if required.
- Add the paste to the pan and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Peel the mango and chop into small pieces. Add to the pan and cook uncovered for at least 25 minutes, stirring as it thickens.
- Pour into sterilised jars and keep in the fridge.