Easy Pie CrustFrom jackyjoe7179 9 years ago
How to make it
- Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl
- Cut in shortening with pastry cutter or two forks untill crumbly and well blended
- Stir in all of the water quickly to just blend all of the ingredients (the dough will be a little sticky)
- Lay the dough out on a well floured board and shape into a ball. Avoid over working the dough. There will be visible streaks of shortening which is fine
- Cut the dough in half and roll out to fit a 9" pie pan or a 10" if making a single crust pie.
- If making a single crust pie, prick the pie shell with a fork in several places
- Bake @ 375 for 15-20 minutes or untill lightly browned
- If making a two crust pie, follow the baking directions for the recipe you are using.