Coconut Glazed Pork RibsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs cut into individual ribs shopping list
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 stalks lemongrass finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse ribs and pat dry.
- Place steamer rack in heavy large Dutch oven or roasting pan.
- Add water to just below rack and bring to a simmer.
- Place ribs on rack then cover and steam until tender about 20 minutes.
- Remove ribs from over water and cool.
- Combine milk, cilantro, sugar, shallots, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and salt.
- Process in blender until almost smooth then transfer to large glass baking dish.
- Add ribs and turn to coat then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare a grill to medium high heat.
- Remove ribs from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Grill or broil ribs until golden brown turning occasionally about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Transfer marinade to heavy small saucepan.
- Boil marinade 1 minute then serve ribs with marinade.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!