Beef Short Ribs Braised in Brown AleFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 pounds beef short ribs trimmed and separated into individual ribs shopping list
- canola oil as needed shopping list
- 3 white onions and largely diced shopping list
- 3 carrots peeled and largely diced shopping list
- 2 celery ribs largely diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 large bottle brown ale shopping list
- 3 quarts beef stock shopping list
- 3 rosemary sprigs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Sear ribs in canola oil.
- Remove ribs and sauté onions, carrots and celery until caramelized.
- Add tomato paste and caramelize.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with ale and simmer until reduced by 1/2.
- Return beef ribs to pan.
- Add stock and rosemary sprigs then simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Remove ribs and keep warm and covered.
- Strain braising liquid then return it to pan and boil until reduced by half.
- Whisk in butter then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!