Pepper-Onion Steak SandwichesFrom hayleesgrandma 5 years ago
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, 1" thick, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 onion, thinly sliced, 1 1/2 cups shopping list
- 2/3 cup drained, roasted red peppeers from a jar, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup bottled steak sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp, dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 (2 oz. each) ciabatta rolls, halved shopping list
- 4 oz sliced cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450. Combine steak, onion, peppers, steak sauce, Worcestershire, salt and 1/2 tsp thyme. In 12" nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add steak mixture; cook until onions soften and steak is cooked throught, about 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining oil and thyme; brush over crusty tops of roll halves. Place, oiled-side up, on jellyroll pan. Divide steak mixture evenly among cut sides of roll bottons; top with cheese.
- Place bottoms on pan with roll tops. Bake 5 minutes or until tops are toasted and cheese is melted. Assemble sandwiches.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!