Bayou Country Cajun Beef And Okra SoupFrom betty_boop 9 years ago
- 6-8 qt skillett shopping list
- Mag-na-lite soup pot shopping list
- 3 TBSP of olive oil shopping list
- I bag of frozen okra Or 1 lb of fresh... shopping list
- cook as directed shopping list
- 1 16 oz. can of diced tomatoes, shopping list
- 2 small onion chopped /chop one set aside for okra then , other one for Meat shopping list
- seasoning of your choice like salt ,pepper.. shopping list
- beef short ribs/ or Soup meat of your Choice shopping list
- About 4 qts water shopping list
How to make it
- 6-8 qt. skillett
- Saute the Okra then add you onions
- Saute them with your okra
- drain tomatoes keeping the juice......and set aside
- add just the tomatoes to the okra,onions.
- Stirring constantly
- let cook 40 minutes
- In a Mag-na-lite Soup pot
- 3 Tbsp of Olive oil
- Beef Short Ribs / or Soup meat of your choice
- Brown meat
- add onion when onion is saute' to a clear look.
- add okra mixtue to pot of meat
- stir around the mixture and meat together
- adding all of your seasonings.....stir
- add water little bits at a time
- build your soup from bottom to top...this way your soup isn't to watery..
- let this cook for about 2 1/2 hours on med to low heat...
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!