Honey and Nut ClustersFrom crossfire 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to the lowest temp. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment.
- Spread almonds and hazelnuts on separate baking sheets and toat in the oven for aobut 30 minutes. Tip on to a clean dishtown and rub off the skins. Coarsely chop both types of nuts.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff, then gently stir in chopped nuts.
- Put the honey and sugar into a small, heavy pan and bring to the boil. Stir in te nut mixure and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes
- Turn the mixture into the pan and level the top. Cover with another piece of parchment, put weights (such as food cans) on top and chill for a least 2 days.