Turtle BrowniesFrom crs101271 5 years ago
- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 package (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 cups pecans or walnut halves, divided shopping list
- 1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into chocolate until well blended. Mix in eggs. Stir in flour. Spread 1/2 of batter in prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes, or until batter is firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramels and cream in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 minutes or until caramels begin to melt. Whisk until smooth. Stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Gently spread caramel mixture over baked brownie batter in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired. Pour remaining unbaked brownie batter evenly over caramel mixture; sprinkle with remaining nuts. (Some caramel mixture may peak through).
- Bake an additional 30 minutes. Cool in pan. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen brownies from sides. Lift from pan using foil as handles. Cut into 24 fudgy brownies.