Bread and onion PuddingFrom hooch 8 years ago
How to make it
- Put the bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Boil the milk, and pour it over them; cover with a plate, and let them stand for an hour.
- Slice the onions--they must be weighed after peeling.
- Throw them into cold water, and let them come to a boil as quickly as possible, letting them boil fast for three minutes, then drain the water from them.
- Chop them roughly, and add them to the milk and crumbs.
- Rub the sage between the fingers, and put it through a sieve, so that there will be no bits of stalk in it, add it with a seasoning of pepper to the other ingredients, melt the butter, and mix carefully into the pudding.
- It may be either baked for an hour in a moderate oven and served in the dish it was baked in, or steamed for two hours in a well buttered mould and turn out
The Cookhooch New Zealand, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!