Baingan BarthaFrom kitchengeeking 8 years ago
- 2 medium onions diced fine shopping list
- 3 small tomatoes, diced fine shopping list
- 2 medium eggplants, roasted and skin removed then mashed shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 t cumin shopping list
- 1 t coriander shopping list
- 1 t chilli powder shopping list
- 2 t turmeric shopping list
- 3 T finely minced ginger shopping list
- 6 T butter, divided shopping list
- If you want to do it true Indian as opposed to Americanized, add 2 T garam masala and cook with ghee instead of plain butter. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Halve each eggplant, cut cross-slits in the flesh, salt and pepper, roast for 1 hour then scoop flesh from skin and reserve in a bowl.
- Melt 3T butter to large soup pot.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli powder and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, saute until fragrant.
- Add serano, peas, and tomatoes, stirring through each time.
- Add the eggplant, stir through, pour in 1 cup of water, cover and cook for ten minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 5 more minutes, adding three T of butter to the mix.
The Cookkitchengeeking Charleston, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!