Fruit Cocktail CakeFrom busmamawilliams 7 years ago
- for batter: shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 can ( 16 oz. ) fruit cocktail shopping list
- 2 eggs; beaten shopping list
- for topping: shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
- for glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix all batter ingredients together very well & pour into a 9" by 13" greased & floured pan. Mix topping ingredients together well & sprinkle over the batter in pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or until center of cake is springy.
- Once cake is done put it on a rack to cool a bit while making the glaze.
- Put all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan & boil for 2 minutes; stirring constantly. Pour over cake while still hot. Best served when cake is just slightly warm.
The Cookbusmamawilliams Clifton, NJ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!