Potato Cheese SoupFrom annette092964 6 years ago
- 2 large potatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery (1/2 stalk) shopping list
- 1 tabelspoon finely minced onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot (1/4 carrot) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1 tabelspoon shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 slices bacon, cooked shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Peel taters n chop into bite size pieces, should make about 4 cups. Make sure celery and onions are minced the size of a grain of rice.
- 2. Combine the veggies with the chicken stock, salt, and vinegar in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Bring the stock to a boil, then turn down the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3. Whisk together the flour n milk in med. bowl
- 4. Remove the saucepan of beggies from the heat and add the flour and milk mixture. Pu tthe pan back on the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 miinutes or until the soup has thickened.
- 5. Add 1 cup Cheddar cheese to the soup and simmer until melted. By this time the potatoes should be tender and falling apart. If not, continue to cook until the soup is as thick as you like it.
- 6. To serve, spoon the soup into bowls, divide the remaingin 1 tablespoon o f Cheddar and Monterey Jack and sprinkle on the soup. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it evenly on top of the cheese. Top off each bowl of soup with green onions.
- I like also using different types of croutons for this soup as well.. mmmmm goood!
The Cookannette092964 Logansport, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!