Swingin Blackeyed PeasFrom cyates798 8 years ago
- 5 cans Bushes Black Eyed peas, undrained shopping list
- 2 cans plain stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 can Original rotel (for more of a kick use the hotter stuff), undrained shopping list
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1 roll Bulk Jimmy Dean sausage, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery for about 10 minutes over medium-low heat, so not to brown them.
- Place peas in slow cooker and turn on high.
- Add stewed tomatoes, squishing them in your hands as you added them to break them up some.
- Add can of Rotel and onion mixture, cover bring to a slight boil.
- Stir and cover, cook for 1 hour on high, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 hour add sausage, salt and pepper. Cover and cook another hour on high stirring occasionally.
- After that hour, stir and serve.
- I serve with white rice and unsweetened cornbread.
- Serves 12-14
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!