Crepes Stuffed With Scrambled Eggs And BaconFrom lillyann 6 years ago
- Crepes: shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 slices bacon or ham shopping list
- Cheese Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar or swiss shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
How to make it
- Make Crepes: mix flour and salt. Add milk, eggs and butter. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes until very smooth. Let batter rest 30 minutes before making crepes.
- Heat non-stick skillet and brush with a small amount of oil. Remove pan from heat, pour batter in middle all at once and twirl the pan with your wrist. Once spread, return pan to heat. Cook on the first side until the edges start to get golden. Flip and cook another minute on the second side. Make all the crepes, stacking on a warm plate (cover with foil to keep warm).
- While you are making the crepes, cook the bacon. Use your usual method or place strips on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 350F (longer for crispy bacon).
- Make Cheese Sauce: In a small saucepan melt 1 tbsp of butter and stir in 1 tbsp flour. Stir in milk and whisk over med-high heat until thickened. Stir in grated cheese until melted. Keep warm.
- Make Scrambled Eggs: To increase the volume of the scrambled eggs separate 4 of the eggs and whip the 4 egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Beat the 4 egg yolks together with the remaining 4 whole eggs and then fold in the egg whites. Scramble over medium-low heat, do not over stir just gently move the eggs around the pan as they begin to set. Cook until set, but still moist.
- Assemble the crepes: On each plate, lay out a warm crepe, place a strip of bacon down the center. Spoon 1/4 of scrambled eggs over bacon, and top with a small spoonful of cheese sauce. Roll crepe. Drizzle a small amount of cheese sauce on the top of the crepe.
- Serve with chives, hash browns, mixed greens or fruit.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating8 people
Well, doggone!!!!!! Wish I had this recipe last night. Just fixed bacon, scrambled organic eggs with cheese and hash browns for supper.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
another great post and recipe high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it