Apple and Cheese OmeletFrom crossfire 5 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and core apples; slice into a bowl. Add lemon juice, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in wide frying pan. Stir in apple mixture and onion. Cook, stirring often, just until apples begin to brown (6 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with water until well blended. Melt remaining butter in skillet. Pour in eggs. Cook, gently lifting cooked portion to let uncooked eggs flow underneath, until omlet is set but still moist on top. Remove from heat.
- Spoon half each of the apple mixture and cheese doen center of the omlet. Fold a third of the omlet over filling. Slide unfolded edge onto a warm serving plate; flip folded portion over top. spoon remaining apple mixture over omelet and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Garnish with apple slices if desired.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!