Beef and Bean ChimichangasFrom jlophoenixrising 5 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 2 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 16 oz can whole tomatoes-drained and cut up (could use fresh tomatoes as well) shopping list
- 1/3 cup salsa shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 Cup refried beans shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 3/4 c monterey jack cheese (I always use more cheese!) shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef in skillet, Drain, remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Put 2 Tbsp of oil in skillet, add onion and garlic.
- Saute until onion is tender, at this point stir in your ground beef, tomatoes, sauce, and all spices. Cook 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in refried beans.
- Heat 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees.
- Put 1/2 cup beef mixture in center of each tortilla, fold opposite sides of tortilla to the center of each beef mixture, fold ends toward center and secure with a toothpick.
- Fry 1-2 chimichangas at a time about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle top of each chimichanga with 2 Tbsp of Monterey Jack Cheese, serve with salsa and extra toppings if desired!