Pig in a BlanketFrom volki1269 7 years ago
- 6 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tbs plus 1 tsp baking poder shopping list
- 1 tbs kosher salt shopping list
- 4 tbs butter, cold: cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 cups of milk shopping list
- 1 3lb pkg lil smokies or 4 pkgs hot dogs shopping list
- optional: 1 cup fav shredded cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add cold butter and shortening. Optional: Add cheese
- Work into dry ingredients with hands, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk slowly. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Dust work area with flour and turn dough onto surface.
- Fold each side towards the middle
- Pick up dough, reflour surface and fold again.
- Cut dough in half.
- Take one half of dough and roll out till approx 1/4" thick.
- Slice into strips (see bottom) and roll around dogs.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Any remaining dough can be made into biscuits, just press out to 1" thickness. Cut dough with cutter or glass. Place on cookie sheet and bake 15 mins. Brush tops with butter after cooked.
- For smokies: cut strips about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- For hot dogs: cut strips about 2 1/2" x 5"
The Cookvolki1269 Shady Spring, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!