crock-pot chilli beans with pepperjack cornbread cakesFrom mrseller 7 years ago
- Chili Beans: shopping list
- 1 large can of pinto beans shopping list
- 2 lbs of ground beef shopping list
- 2 cans of mexican stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 half of sliced onion shopping list
- 1cup of Gebhardt chili powder (add more for taste, if desired) shopping list
- 2 tbs salt shopping list
- 3 tbs pepper, garlic powder, onion powder shopping list
- 2 tbs of paprika shopping list
- pepper Jack cornbread cakes shopping list
- 3 cups of pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 2 boxes of "jiffy" cornbread mix shopping list
How to make it
- Chili beans
- brown and season the ground beef, then drain grease after cooking
- in crock pot put ground beef, beans ( do not drain), stewed tomatoes, sliced onion and half a cup of warm water.
- stir in all of the seasonings, cover and set on low for 6-7 hrs or high for 3-4 hours.
- Pepper Jack Cornbread cakes
- preheat and spray griddle with pam or whatever you choose to use
- follow the instructions on the cornbread box
- put in 3 cups of pepper jack cheese into the cornbread mixture.
- Just like making pan cakes, put about 1-2 serving spoon of mixture onto the greased griddle. cook for 15 minutes of on both sides or until the cake is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- cool down for 3 minutes and enjoy with Chili Beans.