Carrot Juice And Clementine CakeFrom lillyann 5 years ago
- 2-1/2 cup sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1- 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3-1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrot juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk + about a little extra shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- clementine mixture shopping list
- _______________ shopping list
- 1/4 cup clementine juice (or, seedless mandarin orange juice) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9" round layer cake pans and line the bottoms with waxed paper; set aside. Sift flour, sugar, and baking powder into a large mixer bowl. Add butter, carrot juice, milk and lemon juice. If you really want to, you can add the carrot pulp to the mixture as well. I didn't, but looking back, I wish I had.
- Beat on slow speed until blended. Then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add unbeaten egg whites, and beat two minutes longer at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until cake is light golden brown and is beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool 15 minutes in pans, then carefully remove layers from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- While the cakes are cooling completely, poke a few holes into the cake with a toothpick or skewer, and slowly pour the clementine mixture over the cakes so that it soaks into the holes you've poked. (you don't have to use all of the mixture, so use your good judgement on this one)
- Once the cakes have cooled, you'll need to fill, stack and ice your cake. I chose cream cheese icing, only I added more milk to the mixture so that it was more like a ganache, and not so fluffy, like traditional cream cheese icing. You can choose whatever icing you'd like.