Coconut Shrimp With Apricot-pineapple Dipping SauceFrom angelgirl94 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds medium,large,or jumbo shrimp-peeled,deveined,tails left on shopping list
- 2 cups seasoned flour-divided( I use House Autry seafood Breader) shopping list
- 1 12oz can beer shopping list
- 1 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- oil shopping list
- Dipping sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup apricot-pineapple preserves or orange marmalade. shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Place one small bowl and two plates side by side.
- In the bowl,combine one cup seasoned flour and enough beer to make a batter(it can be as thick or thin as you like).
- Pour remaining cup of flour onto one plate and coconut onto the other.
- Holding it by the tail,dredge shrimp in flour,then dip into batter,then coat with coconut.
- Repeat until all shrimp are coated. If the batter or the coatings run out,simply add/make more.
- In a cast iron skillet,electric skillet,or dutch oven,heat 1 inch of oil over medium high heat.
- To test oil temperature, insert the handle of a wooden spoon. If it sizzles,oil is ready.
- Fry shrimp for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Watch closely,coconut burns easily.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dipping sauce:
- Combine preserves,honey,and mustard in small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high until warm.
- Serve with shrimp.