Tex Mex Savory WafflesFrom chefmeow 10 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green chilies shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, cheese, baking powder, sugar, salt and chili powder.
- Add milk, eggs, vegetable oil and chilies and mix just until moistened.
- Bake in preheated waffle maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream and additional grated cheese.