Moroccan Slow-Cooker StewFrom rapunzel 5 years ago
- * 1 sprays cooking spray shopping list
- * 1 small onion(s), chopped shopping list
- * 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced shopping list
- * 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes* shopping list
- * 1 cup carrot(s), baby shopping list
- * 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes shopping list
- * 1/2 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- * 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp table salt shopping list
How to make it
- * Coat a small skillet with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes.
- * Place squash in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker (crockpot). Add sauteed onion and garlic, carrots, tomatoes, broth, cinnamon, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cover and turn on to low heat; simmer for 6 hours.
- * Add chickpeas and salt. Stir, cover and heat for an additional 5 minutes. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per serving.
- * *Partially cooking a hard-shell squash makes it easier to peel. Pierce the gourd in several places with a fork, microwave on HIGH for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on size, and then peel.
- Top with plain, fat-free Greek yogurt to help cut the spice (may affect POINTS values).
The Cookrapunzel Private, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!