Spanish Lentil SoupFrom remittancegirl 8 years ago
- 2 Cups of dried green lentils shopping list
- 1 onion roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 green peppers, roughly chopped shopping list
- 4 Sticks of celery, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 potato cubed shopping list
- 1 Loop of cooking Chorizo (the small sausage, not the slicing kind) roughly chopped. shopping list
- 1 Tin of tomatoes (drained, but save the juice) shopping list
- 1 cup of red wine shopping list
- 2 cups of beef or chicken stock shopping list
- enough water to cover all ingredients in the pot shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the olive oil into the bottom of a large stewpot.
- Add bay leaves, garlic, onions, green peppers, celery and chorizo into the pot and saute on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- With the heat still on, add drained tinned tomatoes and lentils
- Saute, stirring for about 5 mins.
- Add carrots, potatoes, wine, stock and season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- If the liquid does not cover the ingredients in the pot, add the tomato juice from the tin. If this still doesn't cover all the ingredients, add water to cover.
- Bring to the boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, lower the heat to a simmer, and cover the pot.
- Taste occasionally, adding sugar or salt if needed.
- Cook until lentils are tender. Adding more water if needed.
The Cookremittancegirl Ho Chi Minh CIty, VN
The Rating2 people
I make a similar lentil soup (my husband is a big fan of it!) but I always used ham hocks (or bacon) to meat & flavour -- I bet this is excellent with Chorizo, it would add a 'bit of kick' to it all! And, the red wine would suit it too!! Thanks for ...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
I love lentils, your soup sounds gantastic. Well done and Thank you..............unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!