Rice Pilaf With Pistachios And CranberriesFrom mrspotatohead 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup long-grain rice shopping list
- 2/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, toasted lightly, cooled, and chopped (or use slivered almonds) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (or golden raisins) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan cook the onion with the turmeric and the cardamom in 1 tablespoon of the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened.
- Add the rice and cook it, stirring, until it is coated with the butter.
- Add the broth, bring the liquid to a boil, covered, and simmer the mixture for apx 17-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the pistachios, cranberries, green onion, remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter, and salt and pepper to taste.