Easy Beef Skillet Stew DinnerFrom dottiet 7 years ago
- 1 1-1/2 - 2 lb. package of sirloin strip steak or stew beef cut in small pieces shopping list
- 5 lbs. red potatoes or any potato that produces good mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1 bag carrots (I used the peeled baby carrots)peeled and sliced in coin sizes shopping list
- 1 onion cut in slices and then quarters shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- flour shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Watkins beef soup and gravy mix shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes until done, drain and mash with butter and milk if desired. Set aside and keep hot.
- Dredge the beef in enough flour to coat well then brown in large,heavy skillet with enough oil to keep from sticking. Once browned, add enough water to cover. Add peeled carrots, onion and garlic. Cover and simmer until done.
- Put 2 Tablespoons of the dredging flour, 1 tablespoon Watkins beef soup and gravy mix and enough water in a shaker cup to fill cup. Shake well and then add to the Beef and Carrot mixture. Stir until gravy is smooth adding more water as needed and desired gravy thickness is reached. Simmer for a few minutes to cook the gravy then serve the Beef and Carrot gravy over large servings of mashed potatoes. My kids loved making a big dip in their mashed potatoes for the beef, carrots and gravy. Never had to fight with them to eat their carrots either. Hope you enjoy as much as my family does.