Irish Beef StewFrom hollydayz 6 years ago
- 2 Tbs oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb trimmed boneless beef chuck, cut into 3/4 inch thick chunks shopping list
- 2 Tbs flour shopping list
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 envelope GOOD seasonS Garlic & Herb salad dressing Mix shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks shopping list
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 pieces shopping list
- Hot cooked noodles shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in 5-quart saucepot on medium-high heat. Coat meat with flour; add to saucepot. Cook and stir on medium heat until tender. Stir in broth, tomatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover. Simmer an additional 30 minutes. Remove cover; simmer 15 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over noodles. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Note: Recipe can be doubled, using 8 quart saucepot.