Black Bean Enchilada BakeFrom gaunty43 6 years ago
- • 500 Grams Lean minced beef shopping list
- • ½ Packet black beans – these need to be soaked in cold salted water overnight or pressure cooked for 20 minutes prior to using them. shopping list
- • 1 Jar Green Jalapeño Chillies shopping list
- • 1 Jar Red Jalapeño Chillies shopping list
- • ½ tin pitted black olives shopping list
- • 1 tin chopped tomatoes or chopped fresh plum tomatoes if you prefer shopping list
- • 2 Medium or 1 large onion finely chopped shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon cumin (The magic ingredient that is essential) shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon chilli powder or tablespoon of lazy mans chilli. shopping list
- • Some freshly rough chopped coriander leaves. shopping list
- • 1 stick sliced celery shopping list
- • ¼ cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- • ½ cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- • Salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- • 1 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise shopping list
- • 1 tub of Greek yoghurt - 500 Ml shopping list
- • Mature cheddar cheese – at least 300 grams grated shopping list
- • 1 small tub of mascarpone cheese or sour cream - 200Ml shopping list
- • ½ cup milk (you may need to add more if your mixture is too thick) shopping list
- • 1 Packet of tortilla – you can get corn or wheat. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat up the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add onions when hot enough and soften them. Add the mince and brown thoroughly. Then add the tomatoes, about ½ jar each of the red and green Jalapeño chillies. Make sure you pour in some of the juice for extra flavouring. Add the coriander, olives, chilli powder, vinegar etc,(not any of the yoghurt, cheese, milk – this needs to be mixed separately as below)) and stir in the ingredients thoroughly. Then add the cumin, this is where the magic happens. You will immediately smell the difference – if you don’t add cumin you basically have a big pan of mince and chilli!
- Let this simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime – in a large mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, Greek Yoghurt, Mascarpone Cheese/Sour Cream and the milk. Stir thoroughly using a whisk or wooden spoon.
- You will now need a large pottery baking tray
- Put a layer of the Tortillas on the bottom. I normally put the first one in and then tear one up to fill up the gaps. Then you need to add about 1/3rd of the mince mixture and smooth it so it is level. Then pour some of the white yoghurt mixture over the mince. Just enough to cover the mince will be fine. Then sprinkle some of the grated cheese to cover. Repeat until you get to the last layer. The top layer is just tortilla with the white mixture to cover and the grated cheese to completely cover the white yoghurt mixture. Then decorate the top with some of the red and green Jalapeño chillies and some of the olives sliced in half.
- Put it into an oven preheated to 150˚C and bake for about 30 minutes. The top should be a nice golden colour but not burnt.
The Cookgaunty43 Horsham, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!