Whole wheat bacon onion griddle sconesFrom crossfire 7 years ago
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 strips lean bacon shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chilled margarine, cut into bits shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour milk shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon until crisp-drain on paper towels. Add onion to the skillet and cook until softened-about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Crumble bacon.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together both flours, powder, soda, and salt. Add margarine and rub it in quickly with your fingertips till the mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg and sour milk. Add bacon and onion. Stir till a dough forms. It will be sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick circle.
- These can be cut with a biscuit cutter or cut into triangles.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter or oil on griddle and cook scones until golden brow and crisp on the outside, about 3 minutes per side.