Authentic texan chiliFrom gaunty43 6 years ago
- 1Kg, stewing beef, cut into chunks the size of a large butter bean. shopping list
- ½ packet of pinto beans soaked overnight. Actually I cook mine for 20 minutes in a pressure cooker. I find the texture is more buttery done this way. shopping list
- 1 Can of chopped tomatoes, shopping list
- Large bottle of beer such as Aztec beer, Sol or Dos Equis will do. shopping list
- 2 Large onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped. shopping list
- 2 Sticks of celery, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 peppers, red and green are fine - sliced into short strips. I use one of each. shopping list
- Jar of Jalapeño peppers shopping list
- Table Spoon of salt shopping list
- Table spoon of course ground pepper. shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon of cumin shopping list
- 2 heaped teaspoons of chili powder or 8 fresh chili’s seeded and chopped. shopping list
- ( If you can lay your hand on a jar of chipotle chiles in Adobe do so and add 2 teaspoons full) I got mine from Sainsbury’s in the section where you get things like real vanilla extract, Japanese ingredient etc. Check out www.coolchile.co.uk shopping list
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of dark instant coffee. shopping list
How to make it
- • Brown the beef and once done add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 min’s.
- • Add the salt, pepper, cumin and chili and jar of Jalapeño peppers including the juice as well as the coffee and sugar and mix in well.
- • Add the celery and the sliced peppers and stir in gently.
- • Add the beer and canned tomatoes and stir in well.
- • Add the pinto beans
- • Bring to the boil and turn to simmer very gently for 4 hours, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick.
- • Add additional beer if required.
- • Thicken with corn flour about 30 minutes before the cooking is done.
- • For best results leave overnight and serve the next day after heating it gently.
- • Serve with sour cream.
The Cookgaunty43 Horsham, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!