Gooseberry JellyFrom thepiggs 9 years ago
How to make it
- Wash gooseberries and top and tail them.
- Put fruit into a pan with just enough water to cover. Simmer for about 1 hour, until fruit is soft.
- Strain mixture through a jelly bag and discard the pulp.
- Measure gooseberry liquid and allow 1 cup of sugar for each cup of liquid.
- Add sugar to cooled, strained liquid and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Boil rapidly to setting point, then skim.
- Pour jelly into small, hot jars and seal. (I water bath seal my jellies.)
- A flavor of muscat grapes will be imparted to the jelly if a bunch of elderflower head is tied into muslin and added to the juice while it cooks with the sugar.
The Cookthepiggs MO
- Not added to any groups yet!