Peanut Sweet Potato SoupFrom turlak 7 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 heaping Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 3-4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- fresh thyme to taste shopping list
- ground cumin to taste shopping list
- 1-1 1/2 cups fire roasted salsa shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups beans, or one can of beans rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup diced zucchini, or any veggie will do, or a bag of frozen broccoli shopping list
- 2-6 tablespoons peanut butter, depending on how much peanut flavor you want...I say go for 6! shopping list
How to make it
- Spray oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Saute onion, sweet potato, and garlic until onion is soft. Turn down heat if necessary to prevent burning.
- Stir in the chicken broth, thyme and cumin. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir in salsa, beans and veggies. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter until the peanut butter has dissolved.
The Cookturlak Spring, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!