Beef and Potato CobblerFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-1/4 pounds stewing beef cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 pound wild mushrooms shopping list
- 1 white onion chopped shopping list
- 1 can beef broth shopping list
- 1 pound red potatoes cubed shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- Cobbler Dough: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup shredded longhorn cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 heavy cream plus 1 tablespoon shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry jack cheese grated shopping list
How to make it
- Season beef with salt and pepper then toss in flour.
- Heat oil in heavy pot on high heat and brown beef then remove from pot and reserve.
- Add 3/4 cup water, mushrooms and onions then cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Add broth, potatoes, herbs and beef then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Combine flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup cream and mix until blended.
- Add water if needed to form cohesive dough.
- Make into ball then roll dough 3/8" thick.
- Cookie cut into shapes.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Ladle beef mixture into casserole dish.
- Place dough on baking sheet.
- Bake casserole and dough for 15 minutes then arrange dough over meat and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Beat together egg yolk and 1 tablespoon cream then brush on dough and sprinkle with jack cheese.
- Return to oven for 2 minutes. Serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!