Spanakopita Spinach PieFrom munchy 6 years ago
- 1 lb (2 cups) melted butter, divided shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed, drained well and torn shopping list
- 1 lb crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 7 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 lb phyllo pastry sheets shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, heat 1 tbs of the butter over medium high heat. Add onion. Saute 3 mins or just until onion is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, feta cheese and eggs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush half of the phyllo sheets with melted butter and arrange, butter side up, in bottom of lightly greased 13x9x2" baking pan. Spoon and evenly spread spinach mixture over pastry in pan. Brush remaining phyllo sheets with melted butter and arrange over spinach mixture. Using a sharp knife, lightly score top to make individual serving size squares. Bake at 350º for 30 mins. If top begins to brown too much during baking, cover it with foil. Cut into squares. Serve hot.
The Cookmunchy Souderton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!