Spitzbuben CookiesFrom carebecca 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix one cup of sugar, melted butter, almonds, and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in flour one teaspoon at a time.
- Lay out wax paper and dust with flour.
- Knead dough very well.
- Roll dough into about 1/8" thickness.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter until all the dough is used.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- While still warm, roll in remaining granulated sugar and spread jam between two cookies.
- Allow to cool.
- These are best served within 12 hours of baking!