Bakery Style FrostingFrom sammich 10 years ago
- 1 1/2 c. sifted confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1 egg (just the white for white frosting) shopping list
- - if making chocolate icing add 1/3 c. of cocoa shopping list
- 2 T. water shopping list
- 1/4 c. granulated or confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter (if making choco. icing add 2 more Tbls.) shopping list
- 1t. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the 1 1/2 c. xxx sugar, salt, and egg (and cocoa for chocolate icing) in a bowl.
- Make a simple syrup by mixing together the water and 1/4 c. sugar and cooking on HIGH in the microwave for 2 minutes. (You can also do this by bringing to a boil on the stove and cook for 1 minute. )
- Stir the syrup mixture into the egg mixture immediately after cooking.
- Add butter and vanilla and beat with a mixer until creamy.