Mamas Banana PuddingFrom yazoolady 9 years ago
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups of scalded milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 5-6 bananas, ripe but not rotten shopping list
- 1 bag of Jackson's or Jack's vanilla wafers (or any cheap wafers, I don't care for Nilla wafers as they get too mushy) shopping list
How to make it
- Scald milk by pouring in a boiler and heating it until a thin film forms on top of the milk.
- Prepare a bowl with wafers on bottom and topped with a layer of
- sliced bananas.
- In the bottom of a double boiler fill about half full of water and heat on stove. Water should be gently bubbling.
- In the top of a double boiler combine the eggs,butter,sugar,salt and flour. Place the top of the double boiler on the bubbling water in the bottom of the double boiler and slowly add the scalded milk to the egg mixture. STIR CONSTANTLY until mixture thickens. This takes 7-8 minutes. When the mixture is thickened pour over the first layer of wafers and bananas. Add another layer of wafers and bananas then pour mixture over that. Continue until the pudding is used up. I crumble a few wafers on top but you can use whipped cream or make a meringue if you like that.
- My husband likes this warm but I think it is just as good after being in the fridge overnight.
The Cookyazoolady Bentonia, MS
- Not added to any groups yet!